Library e-resources FAQs
There are two ways to retrieve eBook within library collection:
- By clicking eBooks icon at http://i-lib.imu.edu.my/NewPortal/. We have a total of 27 subscribed e-books databases from various publishers for you to access. Click on any preferred database such as ClinicalKey and kindly login using your IMU PC login username and password
- Another way to retrieve an eBook is using Ebsco Discovery Service (EDS) - EDS tutorial is available from the Library
- Using the “Search engine” tab and select “ search e-resources (EDS)” . For first time access, a message will appear “Your connection is not private”. Kindly click ‘advanced’ button bottom left of the page. Then, click ‘Proceed to search.ebscohost.com.ezp2.imu.edu.my (unsafe)’.
- Next select “IMU Digital Collection” tab and fill up the search bar with “title/ISBN” and press search. Browse through the search result and select the book you desire.
*Ebsco Discovery Service (EDS) is not limited to searching e-books only. It also searches e- Journals, Databases and library print books title as well.
Articles from subscribed journals can be retrieved by 3 methods:
- Go to “e-Journal” tab and select the desired journal/ databases and browse through our collection.
- Go to “Online Database” tab, select the subscribed database and proceed the searching process within the databases.
- Use the search engine function provided. Move the cursor to “Search Engine” tab and select “A-Z Search”. You may proceed the searching by “Title of the article”, “title of the journal”, “Subject” or “ISBN/ISSN”. Alternatively, you can select the listed e-journal titles categorised by its discipline at the bottom of the page.
Yes, we are glad to inform that you can access our digital collections using Shibboleth credentials, a web-based Single Sign-On login as an alternative to access via our IMU Library Portal (http://i-lib.imu.edu.my/NewPortal).
- Google the name of the Database or journal and click login.
- Once you are at the database webpage, click Login on the top right hand of your device.
- There is an instruction to Log in via your institution. Click other institution login. You will be prompted with an instruction to Log in via your institution and type International Medical University in the box provided.
- Type your IMU PC login name in the Username box and your PC login password in the Password Box.
- Hit the Login button.
- You may see on your top right-hand corner: Logged in Via International Medical University.
- To search by module name, select the alphabetical list of modules under the Course Reserves heading and click the hyperlink of the selected module, such as Applied Biochemistry, and you will be prompted with Course reserves for Applied Biochemistry page. You shall see list of e-books (if applicable) and alphabetical list of book titles together with its author’s name, item type (whether it is a text book, red spot or open shelf category), its Call Number and its status (whether it is available or on-loan).
- Alternatively, you can also search via the Course Code Number, Degree name, Term or Semester or the Module Leader’s name. (Instructor) However these metadata are not automatically sorted in alphabetical orders, hence you can use the arrow key to do your own sorting.
- Go to the library OPAC page at https://koha1.imu.edu.my.
- Search any book you wish to reserve and click Place hold on the right side of the page.
- Select your Pick up location.
- Click Confirm hold.
- A notification email will be sent to confirm your book reservation. You will be given 1 week to pick up your book once email notification is sent.
*Kindly take note that your reservation will be cancelled if you fail to pick up your book within 1 week after notification email has been received.